- NABA National Butterfly count.
- Loon eggs hatch in 26 – 31 days. Chicks are able to swim immediately but rest on their parents' backs to conserve energy.
- Leatherback Seaturtles can be seen off the pacific coast of BC during summer months. They are able to survive in much colder water than any other sea turtle.
- Peak Alpine Wildflower bloom.
- Ducks are molting their feathers and cannot fly during this time, usually 2 to 4 weeks.
- Western Columbine, a hummingbird's favorite nectar source, in bloom.
- Classic Daylilies and Poppies bloom.
- First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders.
- Look for Brown-headed Cowbird fledglings begging and being fed by the other species that raised them.
- Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.